The MoeDesigns Random Article Module allows you to display articles from a specific category or section in a number of fashions. You can have it randomly pull just one article or multiple articles. You have the option of specifying how the articles are displayed: Title, Intro Text and Body; you can turn each one on or off allowing you full control over what is shown. You also have the ability to pull just a single content item that is not random to simply display a content item in any module position. Give this module a shot and let us know what you think by using the review system at JED. If you give suggestions on how to make the module better, you will most likely be added in the next release, so take advantage! You can easily style this module with CSS using the module class suffix option! This module is completely Joomla 1.5 Native, meaning it does not require the 'Legacy Plugin'.
Here is a list of just some of the available features:
- Have the module show a new random article each day or each page load
- Specify to pull from a single or multiple categories or sections
- Ability to display single article ( not random )
- Specify whether to show title, intro or body ( or any combination of the three )
- Specify whether to link the title, intro or body to the article
- CSS Styleable
- Limit the number of characters or words shown
- Ability to strip out HTML tags to remove images and formatting
- Customizable 'Read More' link option
Click Here to View Documentation / F.A.Q.